Take yourself to Italy for lunch with this avocado toast upgrade. You could just have tomato and avocado on toast, but adding a little extra garlic, onion and basil really makes the flavours pop. Swapping up the toast for some grilled slices of baguette turns this delicious lunch into a great nibbles platter that will keep your guests coming back for more.
Serves one (although it may be more efficient to make a double serving and save half for tomorrow’s lunch!)
- 2 pieces of thick chewy bread toasted (ciabatta, sourdough, baguette or similar)
- 1/2 BayFarms avocado
- 6 or 7 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 1/4 red onion (or 1/2 shallot)
- 3 Basil leaves
- A dash of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chop or crush your half garlic clove as fine as you can. Finely chop the onion and the basil leaves.
- Chop your tomatoes into quarters or smaller.
- Combine the tomatoes, garlic, onion and basil in a small bowl along with a dash of olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Leave to sit while you prep the toast.
- Mash your BayFarms avocado and spread on top of your toast.
- Pile the tomato mix on top and enjoy!