Celebrate the glorious green vegetables that arrive in the first flush of Spring. Fresh asparagus, peas and avocado are all a beautiful shade of green and this salad makes this the star feature. A zesty and herby sauce to make your mouth water, cashews for crunch and some quinoa to fill you up makes this a perfect salad for pre-made lunches. You can also plate it up into ramekins or small glasses for a tasty and healthy appetiser that will make other hosts green with envy!
- 1 BayFarms avocado
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 spring onion
- 1/2 cup shelled frozen edamame
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup of cashew nuts
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 anchovy fillets (optional)
- handful of mint leaves
- handful of basil leaves
- handful of parsely
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Prepare the quinoa according to the instructions on the packet.
- While the quinoa is cooking, blanch the peas and edamame for 2-3 minutes in boiling water. Drain the hot water then run them under the cold tap until cooled, drain again.
- Fry the asparagus in butter or olive oil for 2-3 minutes until tender, cut into 2cm pieces and leave to cool.
- Cut the avocado into chunks of about 1cm. For this salas it is best to use an avo on the firmer side so that it keeps its shape in the salad.
- Finely chop the spring onion and roughly chop the cashews.
- Mix all of the salad ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.
- To make the dressing combine the herbs, lemon juice, anchovies and mayonnaise in a blender. Season to taste. Add a little olive oil or water to think it out a little if necessary. If you aren’t using anchovies add a little extra salt or a clove of garlic.
- Stir the dressing through the salad and serve!