Here’s a great way to use avocados that are a bit overripe and is the perfect dressing for fresh fish or salads that normally use mayonnaise.
0.5 c or approx. ½ a Bay Farms Avocado
3 tbsp Olivado Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
3 tbsp yoghurt
2 tbsp lemon juice + lemon zest for a more lemony flavour
1 clove garlic crushed
4 tbsp water or more to thin to a dressing
0.5 tsp salt
0.25 tsp black pepper
Place all ingredients into a small food processor or use a whizz stick to blitz until smooth. Add extra water as needed to achieve a pourable consistency. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Keeps for 3 days in fridge without going brown.
We included 1.5 tbsp chopped coriander in our dressing to create a slightly different flavour for dressing our fresh fish.
Other flavour combinations:
- Mexican – add lime instead of lemon and 0.25 c coriander/cilantro leaves, 1.5 tbsp chopped red onion & 0.25 tsp cumin powder.
- Ranch – add 0.25 tsp each of dried dill, parsley, chives, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, black pepper and 0.5 tsp white sugar.
- Herb – add 0.25 c chopped parsley, dill, coriander/cilantro & chives.
- Greek – add 2 tsp dried oregano and a squeeze of extra lemon.
- Italian – add 1.5 tsp mixed dried Italian herbs.
Follow along with our video here…