Cook yourself a cafe worthy brunch without having to leave the house. Corn fritters are always a crowd favourite and whether they are served with poached eggs and bacon or to a toddler with a side of tomato sauce, there are usually no leftovers. For this recipe we go a little bit fancy, whizzing the avocado with sour cream to make a surprisingly fluffy sauce to top your fritters. Perfect for a Sunday brunch at home with the family.
Makes about 8 palm sized fritters
- 1 can corn kernels
- 150g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs (plus additional for poaching)
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 2 spring onions
- handful of coriander
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 BayFarms Avocado
- 100ml sour cream
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper
- Mix together the corn, eggs and milk. Then add the flour, baking powder, chilli, and three quarters of the chopped spring onion and coriander (the other quarter goes into the sauce).
- Put half of the mixture into the food processor and blend into a batter, then return it to the other half and mix together. Season well with the salt and pepper.
- Using a spoon add dollops of the batter to a frying pan on medium heat to make the fritters. Cook until golden brown.
- While the fritters are cooking blend together the avocado, the sour cream, the remaining spring onion and coriander, a squeeze of lemon juice and some salt and pepper. Blend until smooth, the sauce should be quite thick and fluffy (although if its a bit runny it will still taste the same!).
- If you want a full brunch, use this time to also poach or fry some eggs to top your fritters.
- Serve your fritters with some spinach leaves and chopped tomato, top with a poached egg and a big dollop of the avo whip. Enjoy with a steaming cup of coffee!