Ho ho ho and away we go! We are counting down to Christmas while jumping into summer with a delicious avocado salad idea in very Christmas green and red. We’ve substituted Pomegranate seeds (wow they are hard to get these days!) for goji berries or you can use dried cranberries or dried cherries. Enjoy and let us know what you think!
For the Salad:
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 2 small oranges peeled and sliced
- 1 large avocado or 2 small avocados pit removed and sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
For the Dressing:
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place the greens in a large bowl. Top with pomegranate seeds, orange slices, avocado slices, and crumbled feta cheese.
- To make the dressing, combine olive oil, vinegar, orange juice, lemon juice, lemon zest, and honey in a small bowl or jar. Whisk or shake until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and serve.