The best thing about this recipe is that you can change or add what sides you want in your bowl based on what you like (or what’s left in your fridge!). Avocado, tomato and cucumber are always favourites but you can also add kimchi, edamame, mango, sweetcorn, pomegranate, beetroot and baked pumpkin or kumara. You can really try anything!
- 1 & 1/2 cups rice
- 2 BayFarms Avocados
- 1/2 cup Kewpie mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons sushi seasoning
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon wasabi to taste (optional)
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber
- 135g can unflavoured tuna in brine or spring water
- 1 small tin pineapple
- 1/2 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1 spring onion
- 1/2 cup kimchi (Korean spicy pickled cabbage, optional)
- Any other veggies you might like (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the rice using your preferred method. Once it is done, mix through 2 tablespoons of the sushi seasoning and 1 tablespoon of the rice wine vinegar. Leave to cool a little.
- While the rice is cooking grate your carrot, thinly slice the spring onion and dice all your other vegetables into 1cm cubes.
- Blend together the mayo, 2 tablespoons of sushi seasoning, 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar and 3/4 of a BayFarms Avocado (the remaining 1 & 1/4 can be chopped up with the other veggies). Add enough wasabi so the sauce has a little kick (or more if you like). Season with salt and pepper. Taste test the avocado mayo, adding more rice wine vinegar and sushi seasoning if it needs a flavour boost.
- In a separate bowl mix the tuna with half of the avocado mayo.
- To build your bowls, add a serving of rice to the bottom of a bowl and add a big dollop of the tuna mix in the centre. Place a spoonful of each vegetable around the side then sprinkle some spring onion over the top. Drizzle with the remainder of the avo mayo and serve!